The Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh (IBB)
A meeting was held on 26th July, 1972 in which a few eminent Bankers and other professionals decided to establish the Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh (IBB), as a professional body of banks and financial institutions in Bangladesh. The Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh (IBB) was registered on the 6th February, 1973 bearing Registration No. 3894145/3 of 1972-1973 as an Association under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (Act No. XXI of 1860)
IBB would develop a professionally sound human resource base, through continuous education, training and orientation process, for the financial sector to face the challenges of the modern era in the backdrop of the new global economic order
Be the premier institute in the banking and financial sector for developing competent and skilled professionals of international standard and repute.
Objectives of the IBB
The objectives of the IBB are to –
- develop professionally qualified and competent bankers primarily through a process of training, examinations and professional development programmes
- design, organise and conduct examinations to test the proficiency of employees ofÂ banks and financial institutions in various banking related subjects
- award certificate, memorandum and diploma to the successful candidates of IBB Examinations;
- provide necessary educational support services such as organizing coaching classes, imparting training and supplying text book/reading materials etc.
- disseminate knowledge on banking and financial services through publication of journals, newsletters and by organizing dialogues, lectures, seminars, etc.
- organise and manage efficient library for the examinees ; and
- undertake any other activity facilitating and incidental to the achievement of the basic objectives of the IBB as mentioned above
Diploma Courses/Two-Tier Certificate
The IBB conducts the Banking Diploma Examination, JAIBB (Junior Associate of the Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh) and DAIBB (Diplomaed Associate of the Institute of Bankers, Bangladesh) usually held twice a year at such centers as may be determined by the Council of the IBB from time to time. JAIBB Examination aims at giving basic and fundamental knowledge of banking and DAIBB Examination is designed to update the advanced knowledge in the field of banking and allied matters to enable better decision making by bankers.
With these objectives in view, IBB since its inception has been conducting Banking Diploma Examinations (Part-I/JAIBB & Part-II/DAIBB) throughout the country. The syllabi for the Examination cover almost all the theoretical and practical aspects of banking which a banker comes across in his or her day-to-day work. The Institute modifies/updates the syllabi of the Examination from time to time keeping in view the new changes/developments in the banking arena in its domestic as well as international perspective so that the syllabi can cater to practical requirements of bankers.